Tuesday 16 April 2013

Jade Room Class: An Idiomatic Love Story


In class today I read out an Idiomatic Love Story that I created a while ago. 




Below is an animation of one of the 10 chapters of the book.  The hero Frederick, abandoned his girfriend and then turned up again a year later....

 An Idiomatic Story Part 4 by Janet Bianchini on GoAnimate

Animated Presentations - Powered by GoAnimate.

I pre-taught the idioms in the story by handing out a set of flashcards printed from Quizlet.  I asked the students to do a matching exercise and to try to work out the meaning of each idiom by checking with each other, and also looking up in their dictionaries or digital devices.  



I think the idioms were fairly difficult, but we were able to discuss the meanings before I actually read out the story.  The students were then easily able to identify the idioms I had pre-taught via the flashcards, and the context became clear.






No comments:

Post a Comment